NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES, WASHINGTON, D.C. WHO ARE 18 OR OLDER AS OF DATE OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
#1. Eligibility: This Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to those who sign up at www.MoveYourMountain.org and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Contest is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Move Your Mountain its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
#2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contest (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Move Your Mountain as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
#3. Contest Period: Story submissions will be accepted online starting on January 29th, 2016 at 12:00 AM EST, and ending February 29th, 2016 at 11:59 PM EST. All online entries must be received by February 29th, 2016 at 11:59 PM EST.
#4. How to Enter the Contest: During the Contest Period, visit www.MoveYourMountain.org/HeartStories (the “Website”) and click the link to share your story describing how Heart Disease has touched your life (Story Entry) in 500 words or less and agreeing to these Official Rules to receive one (1) entry into the Contest. You have the option to submit a Photo (Photo) with the Story Entry
- Story Entry must be in 500 words or less and must be in English
- Story Entry must be your original work (modification or an original work is not an original work). Entries must not copy or otherwise plagiarize from any source.
- Story Entry must not contain any content that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading.
- Any Story Entry and/or Photo deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Move Your Mountain’s sole discretion, will be disqualified. A Story Entry and/or Photo must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent (including but not limited to pornography), profane obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, libelous (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group), violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), or legal (e.g., underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.).
- The Story Entry and/or Photo must not contain or depict material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred of harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination, including without, discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or gage. The Story Entry and/or Photo must not contain or depict material that is threatening to any person, place, business, group or world peace or contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain, race, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation or socioeconomic group.
- The Story Entry and/or Photo must not contain any content that infringes or may infringe third party rights, including, but not without limitation, any copyright, name, trademark, logo, trade dress, or other personal or proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity or make reference to any commercial/corporate advertising (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, charities, slogans, political, or religious statements), or be otherwise objectionable. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, publicly displayed and publicly accessible Move Your Mountain content, materials, or products are permitted to be displayed in entries submitted for this Contest.
- The Story Entry and/or Photo must not include any representation of celebrities’, athletes, musicians or any other third-party (public or private), include any anti-social, political or religious groups, any commercial solicitation or promotional materials or name, address, phone number, or URL address. A Story Entry and/or Photo must not contain advertisements, personal solicitations or commercial solicitations.
- The Story Entry and/or Photo must not contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, bots, spyware or any other computer code that is intended to damage, interfere with, or surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information.
- Any Story Entry and/or Photo must be in keeping Move Your Mountain’s image as determined by Move Your Mountain, in its sole discretion, or entry will be disqualified from the Contest. The Story Entry and/or Photo must not disparage Move Your Mountain or persons or organizations associated with Move Your Mountain
- Any Story Entry and/or Photo must not reference any of Move Your Mountain’s competitors.
Each Story Entry and/or Photo grants to Move Your Mountain a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive right and license to copy, distribute and display each submitted Story Entry and/or Photo in any media, and with right to use, copy, modify, edit, and create derivative works therefrom, and agrees to execute documents confirming such right and license ay Move Your Mountain’s reasonable request. By entering the Contest you understand that your Story Entry and/or Photo will be screened by Move Your Mountain and may be posted online to the voting gallery on the Website, in Move Your Mountain’s sole discretion to be viewed by members of the general public for voting during the voting period. By entering, each Story Entry warrants and represents that his/her entry is original, has not previously published or won any award, does not contain any material that would defame or otherwise violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including patents, copyrights, trademark or rights of privacy or publicity, and will not violate any federal, state or local laws or ordinance. Move Your Mountain reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes contains obscene, offensive or inappropriate content, that does not comply with these Official Rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Contest. No information regarding submissions, other than as otherwise sets forth in these Official Rules will be disclosed.
#5. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Story Entries received.
#6. Determination of Winners: Within five (5) business days of submission, all Story Entries will be reviewed by Move Your Mountain’s editorial panel to make certain the content falls within the parameters under these Official Rules. If a Story Entry meets the requirement and is approved by Move Your Mountain, all approved Story Entries will be posted in the (gallery) on the Website, where members of the public who visit the site will be able to cast a vote for their favorite Story Entry during the Voting Period (the “Voting Period”).
Public Voting and Winner Selection
The Voting Period will commence on January 29th, 2016 at 12:00 AM EST and end on February 29th, 2016 at 11:59 PM EST. During the Voting Period, members of the public will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite Story Entry by visiting the Website. In order to vote, you must enter your email address and follow the onscreen instructions. Voters must be 18 years of age or older. Limit six (6) votes per person/per email account per day. For purposes of this Contest, one (1) day is a 24 hour period. Any attempt by any Voter and his/her family/friends to vote more than the number of times authorized herein using multiple names, e-mail addresses, Facebook accounts and/or any other fraudulent mechanism, as determined by Move Your Mountain in its sole discretion, shall give Move Your Mountain the right to disqualify the Voter and his/her Story Entry in its sole discretion. Votes sent from foreign IP addresses may be disqualified, in Move Your Mountain’s sole discretion.
At the conclusion of the Voting Period, on or about February 29, 2016, the Story Entry with the most votes will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner. The Story Entry with the second highest number of votes will be deemed first runner up and qualify for 2nd place award prize. The Story Entry with the third highest number of votes will be deemed 2nd runner up and qualify for the 3rd place prize. In the event of a tie for any place prizes, Move Your Mountain will re-open the Voting Period for 24 hours (March 1, 2016 12:01 AM EST – March 1, 2016 11:59 PM EST) and allow for additional votes to determine the appropriate place winner.
#7. Winner Notification: Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Move Your Mountain shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within five (5) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT Move Your Mountain’s SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
#7. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”): Grand Prize (1): One (1) VISA gift card in the amount of $1,000. First Runner up (1): One (1) VISA gift card in the amount of $500. Second Runner up (1): One (1) VISA gift card in the amount of $250.
The total ARV of all prizes is $1,750. Limit one (1) prize per person/household.
Prize Restrictions: Move Your Mountain has the sole discretion as to how the Grand Prize winner’s Story Entry will be used as inspiration. Prizes cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred or redeemed for cash; however, Move Your Mountain reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitution at its sole discretion if any advertised prize (or portion of a prize) becomes unavailable. Winners are responsible for any loss of prize or portion of prize after it has been delivered. Move Your Mountain will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize(s) not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. The ARV of any prize listed is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules, and the date the prize is redeemed. If the actual purchase price of a prize is less than the ARV stated herein, the prize winner will NOT be entitled to a check, cash or other form of payment for the price difference.
#8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this Contest, You understand and agree that Move Your Mountain, anyone acting on behalf of Move Your Mountain and Move Your Mountain’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Move Your Mountain. If the content of your Story Entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Move Your Mountain from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Move Your Mountain may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
#8. Terms & Conditions: Move Your Mountain reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Move Your Mountain’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Move Your Mountain may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Move Your Mountain. Move Your Mountain reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Move Your Mountain has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Move Your Mountain reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
#9. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Move Your Mountain and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
#10. Disputes: THIS Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF United States AND Nevada, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Nevada having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
#12. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, email your request to: Move Your Mountain at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be received no later than April 1, 2016 11:59 PM EST.
#13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Move Your Mountain, Inc. located in Reno, NV, United States.
#14. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: The Contest hosted by Move Your Mountain is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram