Everyone loves a chance to win something. By entering the ‘Stories From Your Heart’ contest, you not only have an opportunity to win something huge, but this gives you the excuse to write about something that’s close to your heart and share it with everyone you know… The most votes wins!
It’s that easy.
This February, the country will recognize that it is Heart Awareness Month. This includes American Heart Month, Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week, and National “Wear Red” Day (the first Friday of February). These categories include a great deal of people, young and old… Maybe even you, someone in your family, or someone you know.
Now is the perfect time to tell your story and enter a chance to win. Your story could be about yourself, a personal family member, someone you know, or maybe just about a personal experience of yours. If it’s anything heart related, you should write about it, submit it as a contest entry, share it with everyone you know and who knows… Maybe you’ll be one of the lucky winners!
Heart Disease is the #1 leading cause of death for men and women, and 1 out of 125 babies are born with Congenital Heart Disease. If you have been affected by either one of these, you should write about it. Your story could inspire another to live a healthier lifestyle, or give you hope. If this isn’t you, you should share this blog with someone you are thinking about right now and hopefully they will write and share their story with the world.
If you are looking for some writing tips, here you go:
- No one is judging these letters … Just write your story, submit it and share it everywhere, asking others to vote for you and share it too
- If you have a personal story of struggle, share it… People love to read about struggle and overcoming
- Do you have a surprise ending to share? Is it happy or sad? Either way, share the ending
- Write about what you know. Sit down and spend some time on your story, don’t procrastinate
- Spell check and edit your story before submitting it
Now that you are motivated to write about the “Story From Your Heart” and enter it in the Move Your Mountain contest, click on this link to enter your submission: MoveYourMountain.org/HeartStories
*Contest dates: Jan 29 – Feb 29, 2016
Good Luck! #MoveYourMtn